Home

GH fic | TWW fic
those smiles
kel's fic - the witty and profound

again thanks to allyna for the quick beta, even if i did have to wait for "jose chung's 'from outer space'" to end!

those smiles...
by kel

When she's truly happy, her smile reaches her eyes. Those big brown eyes that seem to have the ability to search deep down into another person's soul. She used to smile that way at me. It wasn't all that long ago really. Things are different now.

I can't even say she has a new man in her life, because as far as I can tell there's nothing but friendship there. But I know her. And I know her smiles. When did Sonny Corinthos become privy to that side of her? I hate him. For who he is and for what he stands for. But mostly I hate him because he understands that side of her that I never could. The last piece of the puzzle that never quite fit in with us.

I've made her watch this dance I'm doing with her sister, but she doesn't realize that I spent much more time watching her dance around him. I don't even think they realized how long it's been going on. Single moments in chaos spent looking at each other in reassurance or admiration. They share something I don't know if I'll ever fully comprehend. I don't know if I want to.

Those smiles; the ones that reach her eyes. She flashes them at him now. She looks into his heart and his soul. I hate to admit it, but she has never looked more frustrated and happy all at the same time.

We were the gate-keepers, but they are survivors.

*finis*

Send Feedback

General Hospital and all associated trademarks are copywrite ABC blah blah.  No infringement intended.
 
Unless stated otherwise, all stories are written by Kel.  Please don't archive or distribute without permission.
Site maintained by Jadar Allyna.  Blame all lameness on her.