Home

GH fic | TWW fic
candlelight reflections
kel's fic - the witty and profound

This is a companion fic to "Candlelight Observations", this time from Alexis' POV...

For my chat grrl's...couldn't ask for more fun!


Candlelight Reflections
by Kel

More people are filing into the park by the moment. I think Jax and I have secured every last available candle in Port Charles for tonight.

I must say, being friends with your ex has it's advantages. I smile at the man who has become one of my closest friends. He's coaxing more people into the park, determined to leave no one out.

I, myself, feel incredibly fortunate to be standing here at this moment with my family. Flanked on either side by my siblings. Sibling. A word that once seemed so foreign to me. A sister. A brother. Even a nephew. A family.

I feel like I couldn't ask for anything more.

My attention turns to the man standing with my sister. No matter how much she denies it, I know her, and I know him. There's more there than she thinks. What he and I had was very special, and always will be. But we've moved on. He'll forever be a trusted friend, but the romance I let go.

My eyes catch another figure off to my right. His presence seemingly completes the picture. This man, who has become so much more than simply a client. Whom, if I'm not careful with, will become something he never bargained for.

He once told me I was a survivor like him. That there are certain things that only other survivors can understand. I wonder how he so quickly has become that constant in my life.

I feel myself changing when I'm around him. I'm willing to take more leaps. Wear flowers in my hair, dance with strangers, and gamble. Not only with money, but also with my heart.

He's standing with his wife. His soon to be ex-wife. After the past few months, it escapes me how they ever were together at all, since I see her causing him only frustration and pain.

He's looking at me now, a silent greeting that speaks volumes. I smile slightly and nod in acceptance. It is all he can offer me right now.

It strikes me that I have never known a bigger heart, or a more loyal friend. The candlelight accentuates his soulful eyes, too often marred by sadness, but when he's happy they practically sparkle. And his dimples, so deep one could fall in and never want to get out.

I lower my eyes to the child standing in front of him. The boy I have watched him move heaven and earth for. Telling him his adoption quest had been successful rates as a favorite moment shared. I grin at the son who will grow up with a tender and loving father who will always remind him how special he is.

His eyes catch mine again and a shadow of a Christmas Eve past fills my thoughts. Despite that, he is still here with us. Here with me.

It's moments like these where it seems almost easy to just let go. And my heart doesn't have too far to fall.

*FINIS*

Send Feedback

General Hospital and all associated trademarks are copywrite ABC blah blah.  No infringement intended.
 
Unless stated otherwise, all stories are written by Kel.  Please don't archive or distribute without permission.
Site maintained by Jadar Allyna.  Blame all lameness on her.