Home

GH fic | TWW fic
The Storm
kel's fic - the witty and profound

The Storm
by
jen and kel
 
Alexis wondered why she had to move in the middle of summer into a house with a broken air conditioner. Mac and several others had offered to help her unpack.  Strange how popular a single pregnant woman was in Port Charles.
 
But it was tonight when she had finally found the time. It was humid and the air was heavy.
 
She could smell the storm coming.
 
Box after unopened box awaited her in the living room.  Alexis sighed and started in.

Twenty minutes into her task she heard a noise outside the front door. Alexis looked up from the box and called out.
 
"Mac?"
 
"You expecting the Commish? Try again."
 
She recognized the voice instantly.
 
"Jax?"
 
Now she was toying with him.
 
"How many different men are you expecting?"
 
"You haven't seen the sign up sheet?"
 
He chose that moment to show himself. He looked considerably cooler than she was in a crisp linen suit, but his hair betrayed him and a few wild dark curls decorated his forehead.
 
"Apparently not."
 
"Then you're not on it. Go to the end of the line."
 
"Alexis..."
 
She stood up and he could see the gentle swell of her stomach.
 
"Sonny, it's hot, I am a mess and I am tired. What do you want?"
 
"I...uh...came by to drop off those contracts you messengered over."
 
"Funny, there's a reason I used the messenger service. They pick up as well as drop off, just for future reference."
 
"Well, I was in the neighborhood."
 
"Lying does not become you. This is not 'in the neighborhood'."
 
"You can't make this the slightest bit easy can you?"
 
"No, making your life easy is no longer part of my job description."
 
"How are you?"
 
"Fine."
 
"Lying doesn't become you."
 
"Sonny, it's roughly nine thousand degrees outside. My air conditioning is broken. And I still haven't managed to get unpacked."
 
"Well..."
 
"And oh yes...I'm pregnant."
 
"Called anyone about the air conditioner?"
 
"No. I live to bitch."
 
"You're blowing my serene Madonna image of you all to hell."
 
"Madonna my ass."
 
"Alexis!"
 
"You know I'd be talking this way even if you weren't here. I'm uncomfortable."
 
"Take some clothes off."
 
"Did you have a pregnant strip night at the old club? "
 
He  notices What to Expect When You're Expecting lying on the coffee table. He picks it up. "Good reading?"
 
"Yeah, a chronology of my body being held hostage and mutated. It's fascinating."
 
"You're at...the end of your first trimester?"
 
"He can count."

He scans the text. Catching the words 'hormones' and 'increased sex drive'. He chuckled.
 
"Apparently you are in for some hormonal fluxations."
 
She can do nothing but glare at him.
 
"So...how's that going?"
 
"What?"
 
"The hormone thing?"
 
"What did you think the sign up sheet was for?"
 
"So what time is the Commish coming?"
 
"Still can't let that go?"
 
Silence.
 
"Actually...I'd have to check my palm pilot, but i think...oh yes...tonight...let's see...look at that...Johnny."
 
"Then he won't mind if I cut in line."
 
"Dream on."
 
"Keep dreaming."
 
The air is charged and silent. Neither can tear their eyes off each other. Someone has to end it before it gets out of hand.
 
For a moment neither speaks nor moves but finally Alexis' civility forces her.
 
"Thank you for bringing the contracts over."
 
"Looks like rain."
 
"Well, you should get home then shouldn't you?"
 
"I won't melt."
 
"That's right, Carly's the witch." she swore under her breath. "Dammit. I'm sorry, Sonny."
 
"It's o..."
 
"Noyou know whatI'm NOT sorry."
 
She got up and moved to the door trying to catch the slightest breeze
 
""Lexis..."
 
"Hormones. Dammit."
 
"It's okay."
 
He moved towards her. He could see the sweat shining on her face and neck. His hand hesitantly reached out.
 
"Don't touch me."
 
"Can I get you something? A cool cloth?"
 
They wanted so much more. But would settle.
 
"That would be...nice."
 
He went down the hall to and opened what he assumed was a bathroom door.

He caught sight of himself in the bathroom mirror. His eyes slightly wild. Hair slightly mussed.
 
There was more going on in that room than conversation.
 
Grabbing a cloth from an open box he ran it under the tap soaking it with cool water.

He was tempted to use it on himself.  Instead he returned to the living room to find her still standing by the door...almost willing the wind to cool her down.
 
In the distance the thunder rolled. He should have just handed her the cloth, but her exposed skin was too much temptation. He laid the cloth against the back of her neck, but wrapped his arms around her from behind. His hands rested on the slight swell of her belly. His face on the other side of the cooling cloth. He felt her stiffen.
 
"Sonny. . . "
 
"Alexis..."
 
"We can't"
 
The lightening flashed and the thunder cracked closer.
 
The cool linen of his suit seemed to cling to her skin as he pressed himself against her. And her body betrayed her and she longed for the coolness...and the inevitable heat.
 
He moved the cloth with his hand trailing it down her arm. She leaned back into him as his lips found her neck. She tasted as he remembered. Saltier this time, but still sweet. She released a low moan.
 
She was only vaguely aware that he had moved her shirt up. His other hand stroked the warm sticky skin of her belly. Pressing against it searching for signs of the child within.

His touch was comforting and tender. A definite contrast from the fire his lips were leaving across her neck.
 
"Sonny. . . " Her voice barely audible over the rising wind.
 
"Don't fight it...."
 
She knew she couldn't if she tried. And she wouldn't if she could.
The first drops of rain blew through the screen cooling her skin.
The storm crashed directly above them as he turned her body and took possession of her mouth.
 
In what would seem to be the worst cliche...the cottage chose that moment to lose power.
 
She pulled back, panic in her eyes.
 
"It's the storm, Alexis."
 
"Which one?"
 
He laughed softly and leaned in trying to claim her mouth in another kiss.
 
"I'm serious."
 
"Hormones...."
 
"Are no excuse."
 
"The storm..."
 
"Will pass."
 
"Never."
 
"We..."
 
"Want this."
 
"Stop doing that."
 
"Stop talking."
 
She debated for exactly ten seconds before the hormones won. He was almost surprised at the force she pulled him to her.
 
"God bless hormones."
 
"Shut up."
 
*finis*
 
 

send jen feedback

back to GH fic

General Hospital and all associated trademarks are copywrite ABC blah blah.  No infringement intended. 
 
Unless stated otherwise, all stories are written by Kel.  Please don't archive or distribute without permission.
Site maintained by Jadar Allyna.  Blame all lameness on her.